Veggie Tofu Noodles
Are you getting in a cooking rut and getting sick of your usual meal routine? Well, you’re in luck!
We’ve developed and shared this light and summery pasta recipe with all of us. It’s gluten-free, vegan, and chock full of veggies. It does have tofu, which people with soy allergies may not tolerate well but you could easily make this recipe with another protein source or simply leave the tofu out and add more veggies!
- Organic thin quick-cook rice noodles – 1 package
- Organic broccoli – 1-2 heads
- Organic onions – 1 medium yellow
- Organic red peppers – 1 medium
- Organic extra firm tofu – 1 package
- Organic turmeric – add to taste
- Organic smoked paprika – add to taste
- Organic pre-ground peppercorns – add to taste
- Arizona Chipotle seasoning – add to taste
- Sea salt – add to taste
- Avocado oil – add to taste
Time needed: 25 minutes
- Cut up vegetables.
Cut all vegetables quite finely, this is important as it allows for more flavor uptake and retention as well as improved grouping as the
dish becomes finalized
- Brown onion
First slightly brown the onions in the oil using a healthy non-stick pan
- Boil water
While the onion is browning, fill a pot with water to start boil for the rice noodles
- Brown tofu
Add the tofu to the browning onions and turn heat up
- Add broccoli
Add as much broccoli as you see like. Cook until your preferred doneness.
- Add noodles
When the water boils, add noodles, which take 3-5 minutes to soften.
When the noodles are done, empty water, rinse noodles with room-temperature water (slightly)
- Add peppers to browning veggie/tofu mix.
As much as you prefer.
- Add spices to veggie/tofu mix.
Enough for your taste. Turn off heat when vegetables are cooked to your liking and taste.
Chop noodles rather small.
Add a small amount of oil to the noodles so that it rapidly soaks in.
- Sprinkle turmeric
Add to chopped noodles.
- Add noodles
Place noodles on top of veggie/tofu mix.
Cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes
Mix the noodles and veggie/tofu mix, season as desired. Enjoy!