Lemony Gluten-Free Granola
Brighten up your breakfast with this easy to make tangy granola.
- 1 lb. Gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ C. Honey
- ½ C. Coconut oil
- ¼ C. Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ginger powder
- ½ tsp. Sea salt
- 1 cup, each, of the following: (you can substitute any combination of nuts, seeds and fruit you like)
- Raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- Date pieces
- Dried unsweetened banana chips
- Shaved coconut pieces
- 1 tsp each of lemon and vanilla extract
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Lemony Gluten Free Granola
- Preheat oven
Preheat oven to 325º. Place the oats in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat the oats
Warm the honey, coconut oil, and molasses together until they are fluid and easy to pour. Add cinnamon, ginger, and salt to the liquids and stir to combine, then pour over the oats and stir thoroughly to coat the oats.
- Bake the oats
Spread the oats evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 20-35 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven, stirring every 5 minutes until the oats just begin to bronze. Bake to your preference.
- Add sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and coconut
In the last 3-5 minutes of baking, sprinkle the sunflower and pumpkin seeds and the coconut pieces on top of the oats and bake until the coconut pieces have just begun to
brown on the edges.
- Mix in fruit and extracts
Remove granola from the oven and transfer back into the mixing bowl. Add the fruit and extracts, toss well to combine. Cool and enjoy!
As prepared by: Karen van Der Veer, ND