Experience holistic healing with...
Naturopathic medicine is a unique system of medicine that takes the whole person into account, discovers the root cause of illness, and preferentially uses natural therapies to encourage the body to heal. At Aspen Integrative Medical Center in Flagstaff, Arizona, Amber Belt, ND, and Paul Despres, NMD, and Alexandra Mele, ND, are all licensed naturopathic physicians in the state of AZ. They use their naturopathic training to diagnose, prevent and treat acute and chronic illness, restore and establish optimal health by supporting the person’s inherent self-healing process. Rather than just suppressing symptoms, naturopathic doctors work to identify underlying causes of illness, and develop personalized treatment plans to address them. Naturopathic physicians believe the least amount of force can be used in order to promote gentle, safe and long-lasting health and well-being. Call the office or schedule an IV therapy appointment online today.
What conditions do naturopathic physicians treat?
Our naturopathic physicians are highly trained to treat a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Primary care and general concerns
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Women’s health concerns
- Men’s health concerns
- Cardiovascular disease including hyperlipidemia and hypertension
- Thyroid disorders
- Chronic pain
- Joint Pain – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Arthritis – rheumatoid, osteoarthritis
- Lyme disease
- Mold and/or mycotoxin illness
- Mast cell activation syndrome
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussion
- Cognitive decline and neurodegenerative disorders
- Environmental toxicity
- And much more!
What therapies do naturopathic physicians use?
Naturopathic medicine uses a wide variety of therapies for healing, including:
- Dietary and lifestyle changes
- Pharmaceuticals when necessary
- Botanical medicine
- IV or injectable nutrients
- Ozone therapy
- Peptide therapy
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Visceral manipulation and/or craniosacral therapy
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Vitamins and supplements
- Regenerative injections – Prolo, PRP
- Massage therapy
- Spinal adjustments
- Low level laser therapy
- Sauna therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
What testing do naturopathic physicians use?
Our naturopathic physicians specialize in standard and specialty lab testing including:
- Labcorp/Sonora Quest testing such as CBC, CMP, lipids, thyroid testing, and so forth
- Allergy testing
- Food sensitivity testing
- Stool analysis – looking at abnormal microbiome, inflammation, infection
- SIBO breath testing
- Hormone testing – blood, urine, saliva
- Heavy metal testing – typically urine
- Lyme disease and co-infection testing including Bartonella, Babesia, Mycoplasma
- Other infectious disease testing – EBV, CMV, HPV, HSV, etc.
- Organic acid testing
- Environmental toxicity – glyphosate, environmental toxins
- Mold and mycotoxin testing
- And much more!
How long is a visit?
Our naturopathic physicians will typically spend between 60-90 minutes with a patient on their first visit taking a thorough history, deciding on diagnostic testing, performing a relevant physical exam, and creating a customized, comprehensive treatment plan. Follow-up visits will range from 15-60 minutes depending on the patient’s needs.