Alleviate your chronic symptoms with...
Aspen is here to help every patient achieve optimal health by working with the body’s natural ability to heal. Our medical team skillfully integrates conventional medicine with alternative options including Medical Marijuana. The best treatment plan for chronic disease is medicine that does not have to produce harmful long-term side effects.
Our physicians frequently prescribe Medical Marijuana for qualifying conditions according to state law. Prior to your visit we’ll have a good sense as to whether you qualify for the state program or not. And during your visit we’ll discuss the benefits, risks, and effects of the most common medical marijuana products and their constituents.
The MANY reasons why it’s beneficial to have a medical card:
1. You’ll save money by only paying state tax instead of 25-30% taxes.
2. The dispensary consultants can give you specific product recommendations for your medical condition
3. Can buy higher quality, higher strengths, more variety
4. Can buy larger amount at a time (2.5oz vs. 1oz)
5. Peace of mind with drug testing as employers can not discriminate if you are a card holder and marijuana is found in your system.
6. Medical marijuana purchases are tax deductible.
7. Medical marijuana patients often avoid waiting in long lines and can have access to home delivery.
8. Lowers age limits if you are 18-20 years old.
Qualifying conditions according to AZ state:
*These are eligible if caused by a chronic or debilitating medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
– Proof of residency – either a valid AZ Driver’s License, AZ ID, or U.S. Passport
– Medical records that show that you’ve been treated for your condition and why you are applying for MMJ card. This may include prescriptions, imaging results, bloodwork, chart notes, worker’s compensation and/or disability paperwork. If applying for MMJ for PTSD, we require documentation that you are currently undergoing conventional treatment.
What to Expect During Your Appointment:
– Prior to your appointment you’ll be asked to fill out patient intake information if it hasn’t been done previously
– Appointments are 1 hour.
– Our physicians will do an evaluation of your condition, review you medical history, perform a full physical examination, and perform any other necessary tests.
– Following your medical evaluation our physicians will decide whether or not you are eligible for a medical marijuana certification.
– Your treatment plan will include a discussion about the side effects, risks, and benefits of medical marijuana. You’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you like.
– You’ll be provided a “Medical Marijuana Physician Certification” that you’ll use to register/apply on the AZ Department of Health Services website.
To Get Your Official Medical Card:
– Register with the AZ Department of Health Services and proceed with the medical marijuana online application.
– Be sure to gather all necessary application material ahead of time, please review the AZ Medical Marijuana Qualifying Patient Checklist.
– If you are a minor (under age of 18) or designated caregiver, be sure to fill out the correct form.
– Your certification will be good for two years.